Saturday, March 7, 2009

036 SINEAD O'CONNOR-I DO NOT WANT WHAT I HAVEN'T GOT


I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got is the second album by Sinéad O'Connor released
in 1990 on Chrysalis Records.






The critically-acclaimed album contains her most famous single, "Nothing Compares 2 U", and was one of the best selling records in the world in 1990, topping the charts in many countries, including the US, UK, and Canada. The single "Emperor's New Clothes" found more moderate success, although it did top the Modern Rock Tracks chart in the US.

The album includes O'Connor's rendition of "I Am Stretched on Your Grave," an anonymous 17th century poem (originally written in Irish) translated into English by Philip King. The first song, "Feels So Different", starts with The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr.

The inner sleeve notes acknowledge Kabbalah teacher, Warren Kenton: "Special thanks to Selina Marshall + Warren Kenton for showing me that all I'd need was inside me."

The album was nominated for four Grammy Awards in 1991, winning the award for Best Alternative Music Performance. O'Connor refused to accept the nominations and the award.

In 2003, the album was ranked number 406 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.

The album sold 7 million copies worldwide.

Sinead announced on her web blog that a deluxe anniversary edition of the album will be released in April 2009. She says it will contain "an extra cd of some unreleased tracks and b sides and hard to find mixes on so on".-WIKIPEDIA

DOWNLOAD

More 1990 albums!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
A Beatles fan since December 1980.Now an oral surgeon and music journalist.He lives in Bangkok.